Issues with testability boil down to our inability to write tests or the excess trouble we have to go through to get it done. The article “Guidelines for Java Testable Design” is excerpted from the Unit Testing in Java book by Lasse Koskela. In this extract shares a set of dos and don’ts for testable design and recommends to avoid complex private methods, static methods, logic in constructors and to favor composition over inheritance. He also suggests to treat the new keyword with care because it essentially hardcodes an implementation we cannot substitute.
Keys to this Position
1. Technical: Hands on coding with Java, JMS and Spring in a FIX environment. Financial Information eXchange (FIX) Protocol is a messaging standard developed specifically for the real-time electronic exchange of securities transactions. FIX is a public-domain specification owned and maintained by FIX Protocol, Ltd.
2. The role is 50% development and 50% maintenance, support and improvement of the FIX environment.
2. Domain: The candidate must have some knowledge of Trading Systems and FIX Protocol.
4. Selling points: Company is a leader in the buy side community for FIX. This individual will interface with Wall Street and gain a lot of Industry exposure.
To get more informations and to apply visit http://www.softdevjobs.com/
Methods & Tools – the free e-magazine for software developers, testers and project managers – has just published its Summer 2011 issue with the following articles:
* Continuous Delivery Using Build Pipelines With Jenkins and Ant
* Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Software Measurement
* The Art of Mocking
* Restructure101 for Java – Refactor Your Software Architecture
* Maven – Java Build Management
* Automated WebTesting with Selenium RC
* Liquibase – Open Source Dababase Version Control
55 pages of software development knowledge that you can download from http://www.methodsandtools.com/mt/download.php?summer11
Methods & Tools – the free magazine for software developers, testers and project managers – has just published its Spring 2011 PDF issue with the following articles:
* Automated Acceptance Tests and Requirements Traceability
* Managing Schedule Flaws using Agile Methods
* User-Centric Design and the Power of Personas
* Complexity Theory for Software Developers
* Build Patterns to Boost your Continuous Integration
* GivWenZen – Behavior Driven Development for FitNesse
* Celoxis – Web Based Project Management
* Tellurium Automated Testing Framework
* Apache CXF
* RSpec Best Practices
* Maven Plugins
The Web on OSGi: Here’s How provides to J2EE platform-savvy architects and senior developers a practical guide to the Web on OSGi, from integration approach to bundle development, to real-world code you can use today.
August 10, VMware announced a definitive agreement to acquire SpringSource. VMware and SpringSource plan to deliver compelling new solutions that enable companies to more efficiently build, run and manage applications within both internal and external cloud architectures. Read the rest of this entry »