Dependencies management is a difficult part of test-driven development (TDD). Mocks and stubs are created to isolate the behavior we would like to test. The article “The Art of Mocking” is a good introduction on this topic. Creating all these testing classes by hand can lead to troubles, but several open source tools to apply mocking principles in .NET. Tools like Rhino Mocks and Moq allow us to create mocks and stubs within our test method. The Mocking Frameworks in .NET video presents techniques that can automate your unit testing process.
The article “Scenarios for Load Testing” by Christopher Merrill discusses how to build a portfolio of scenarios to automate your software load testing activity. You have rarely only a single scenario to test, so you have to decide which scenarios to include in your test plans. Criticality, frequency, difficulty and verifiability are the four key factors that should be considered to determine the load testing scenarios to automate.
Read the article: Scenarios for Load Testing
Despites its complexity, the Unified Modeling Language (UML) is still a standard for modeling software requirements. This article presents UML best practices by discussing some presented some UML modeling anti-patterns that the authors discovered in their experience as UML consultants. They then serve as a basis for discussing Unified Modeling Language best practices that could correct them.
Keys to this Position
1. Technical: Hands on coding with Java, JMS and Spring in a FIX environment. Financial Information eXchange (FIX) Protocol is a messaging standard developed specifically for the real-time electronic exchange of securities transactions. FIX is a public-domain specification owned and maintained by FIX Protocol, Ltd.
2. The role is 50% development and 50% maintenance, support and improvement of the FIX environment.
2. Domain: The candidate must have some knowledge of Trading Systems and FIX Protocol.
4. Selling points: Company is a leader in the buy side community for FIX. This individual will interface with Wall Street and gain a lot of Industry exposure.
To get more informations and to apply visit http://www.softdevjobs.com/
I have found on the Software Testing Magazine web site this interesting video that provides some tips to write better Selenium tests. Selenium is a suite of tools to automate web browsers across many platforms.
* Selenium IDE is a Firefox add-on that records clicks, typing, and other actions to make a test, which you can play back in the browser.
* Selenium Remote Control (RC) runs your tests in multiple browsers and platforms. Tweak your tests in your preferred language.
* Selenium Grid extends Selenium RC to distribute your tests across multiple servers, saving you time by running tests in parallel.
Methods & Tools – the free e-magazine for software developers, testers and project managers – has just published its Summer 2011 issue with the following articles:
* Continuous Delivery Using Build Pipelines With Jenkins and Ant
* Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Software Measurement
* The Art of Mocking
* Restructure101 for Java – Refactor Your Software Architecture
* Maven – Java Build Management
* Automated WebTesting with Selenium RC
* Liquibase – Open Source Dababase Version Control
55 pages of software development knowledge that you can download from http://www.methodsandtools.com/mt/download.php?summer11